Tuesday, October 02, 2007

You guys talked me into it

Call it my first decision ever based on the input of blog comments. I got the damn DVR box. Welcome me to, like, three years ago, everybody!

Just tell me: Is it enormously cruel that I bought and stuck it straight in my bedroom? I pretty much yield the living room television to my roommates. If I put the box on that TV, then we could all share it -- but I would rarely get to use it myself. And I do kinda pay the cable bill myself. So it's mine, mine, mine.

They don't even know I have it. I brought it in after rehearsal last night, about 11:30, when they were both in bed and quietly installed it. I just hope they don't notice it. Or read this blog post.

8 comments:

S.B. said...

Congrats.....maybe next you will get a microwave too!

Mike said...

You'll pry my rotary phone out of my cold dead hands, though.

Rebel Yankee said...

Mike, be real, you know it's a rotary cellular.

Esther said...

Hey Mike, glad you finally caved in to peer pressure! Let us know what you set it to record. Now we'll start working on convincing you to get a microwave!

And I thought my father was the only one left with a rotary phone. Sounds like there are two of you!

Mike said...

For the record, before I start to sound like backwoods Snuffy Smith type, I DO have a microwave and DO NOT have a rotary phone. My phone is even cordless! :-)

Although technically, I don't "own" a microwave anymore. One came with the apartment as a built-in part of the kitchen, so I sold mine before I moved here.

Yenta Center said...

I'm always the last to do anything technologically. My cell phone is just that.. a cell phone, nothing more. I've also been wrestling with the DVR thing and downgrading my astronomical amount of channels (that I don't watch) to be able to afford it.

S said...

I heart my DVR... unless it fucks up (which it has) and then I call it DV before I throw it across the room.

Guy in NYC said...

lol - glad you still have time to blog