Thursday, October 04, 2007

It better be worth a six-hour flight!

So, I'm off to San Francisco in, like, six hours. It's a business trip, but I have lots of free time while there. And, it's Fleet Week, so here's hoping I come back with at least something interesting to say. It's one of the last major U.S. cities I've never been in, so I have high expectations. Also, this is one of those nice business trips where they let me take a friend with me.

Too bad I missed the Folsom Street Fair festivities. Actually, not really. This same friend and I took a trip to Provincetown a few years ago, and unbeknownst to us, we went during Bear Week. At the same time, the Rosie O'Donnell cruise was in town. So, the crowd was mostly men in leather and lesbian couples with strollers. Fun times! But bears don't find me particularly attractive, and coupled lesbians were equally uninterested in my friend, so, that was a bust.

Back with all the news on Tuesday!

5 comments:

Yenta Center said...

Alas, a city I've always wanted to see... Have a phenomenal time and take lots of pics! Of course, of the things you *can* let us see :-)

Rebel Yankee said...

I can see some things Yenta can't.

Anonymous said...

You must go to:
Restaurant Jeanne d’Arc
A great French restaurant that no one knows about. It’s in the Cornell Hotel in downtown SF. Has a four course prix fix menu for $30.

http://www.cornellhotel.com/jeanne/index.shtml

I have no affiliation with it. It was just my fave when I lived there.

Also don't miss the view from Twin Peaks (that is the giant hill, not the Castro bar).

Have fun, and thanks for adding me to your blogroll.

YARD said...

Lesbians, children and bears..Oh My!

Esther said...

Hope you have a great time! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities. I know this makes me the ultimate tourist, but I loved riding the cable cars and taking the Alcatraz tour!