Wednesday, October 03, 2007

*knock knock knock* Housekeeping!

The truly observant might notice I just made a few long overdue adjustments to my links. Mostly, I needed to add some fabulous folks who visit here regularly and actually talk back to me -- and if I forgot anyone, slap me now.

Unfortunately, I also had to delete one. I won't even say which one. This was a rather large blog that didn't even know I existed, so me even mentioning it is about like somebody saying "I'm going to boycott McDonalds. That'll show 'em!" But this is my podium, so I'll bitch anyway.

The reason for the deletion was not even for anything the blogger him/herself particularly had done. However, posts about the whole Folsom Street Fair/Miller ads situation, which I don't even feel like addressing myself, gave way to some of the nastiest, most homophobic comments I've seen since, well, Ja Rule, I guess. One commenter went so far as to suggest that there was no need to worry about the people in the ad in question, because they'd all be dead of AIDS next year, or something like that. Strangely enough, this blog was one that went on and on about DailyKos commenters being over the top and was calling on freaking Democratic politicians who have nothing directly to do with Kos to revoke them. Yet the AIDS comment and several like it sat untouched for days. And there was no recourse to flag such nasty comments. So, bye, babe.

Seriously, if anyone REALLY wants to figure out which one, it's not that hard. I did a post long ago about all my links. Mazes on TGI Friday's placemats are tougher to crack.

3 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

hah. Man, this LGBT thing is going out of control.

Tangent: did you see the recent Michael Medved article essentially saying, "American slavery wasn't all that bad, get over it?"

Mike said...

Christ almighty.

Ned Flanders is getting stupider and stupider.

Esther said...

Mike, thank-you so much for linking to my blog. It was a nice gesture and it really made my day. My blog's less than a week old, so I really appreciate the vote of confidence. Hope I can live up to it! And of course, I've linked to yours. I like the way you write about a range of topics, whether it's theater or politics or just something going on in your life at the moment. You're always a great read!