Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Why I'm not a photographer

Along with Southern Boy Eric and his BF, I caught Amy Sedaris' wine-tasting appearance at Bottlerocket this evening near Union Square. I took some photos during the event, and while I noticed the camera was acting a little goofy, the photos seemed to be coming out fine. Then I got home to upload the pictures and...nada. Why? It turns out there was no card in the camera. Brilliant! Almost as brilliant as holding an event that is guaranteed to attract a large crowd in a business that sells goods made almost entirely of glass.

So -- here's about the closest thing I have to a photo. Me and some other celebrity:



More on that experience some other time, maybe. But anyway, Sedaris was a lot of fun. She made something out of pantyhose, stopped an audience member from throwing a nautical-themed party and mentioned that she'd love to do a Christmas Jerri Blank show.

Meanwhile, I'm still recovering from a business trip to Miami (which also explains my blogging absence). Blogging on that tomorrow.

But no photos, of course.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and mentioned that she'd love to do a Christmas Jerri Blank show.

I'd love that, too! I want to be her when I grow up.

Anonymous said...

God, Mike, you're skinnier than frickin' Nicole Ritchie!
I have more pics of Miss Blank, by the way. Once I have 5 minutes to do more than look at other people's blogs, I'll upload them and see if they came out alright.

S.B. said...

Is the dimentia already setting in Mike?

Mike said...

Unfortunately so, SB.

And for the record -- that photo is almost 10 years old. I was a mere lad of 20 in it. And Walt was a mere lad of 80-something.

S.B. said...

I was gonna say, man you age well.