Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Because my sisters and mother love it when I reveal their ages

Something interesting came to mind today as I am preparing for yet another trip back to Texas (I have to get a visit in before the weather gets too unbearable there). Well, interesting to me, at least. Because of huge age differences in a few marriages in my family as well as my being born rather late in my parents' life, my immediate family -- only three generations of it -- will span nine decades in less than six years, when my oldest sister, Debbie, turns 50 in April 2013. Here how:

80s: My father
70s: My mother
60s: Debbie's husband Mike
50s: Debbie
40s: Middle sister Cheryl, youngest sister Pam, Pam's husband James
30s: Me, although I probably won't be admitting it.
20s: Cheryl's son Anthony (good Lord, that makes me feel old)
Teens: Cheryl's daughter Samantha, Pam's daughter Alyssa
Single digits: Pam's son Evan

And who knows? With it being six years away, I could even have a single-digit addition of my own by then. Kids still seem like such a foreign concept to me, but if it worked for Mary Cheney...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got a uterus hidden up in there?