Sunday, May 20, 2007

Joining the veterans

I had the pleasure this weekend of crashing a gathering of some of New York's (and one of Toronto's) finest gay bloggers. I say crash because these guys are all a lot more established than me. Eric at Southern Boy was kind enough to invite me along. He knows that I'm very likely to accept any invitation that includes access to cosmos, particularly at happy hour prices. Not only did I get to meet two bloggers who have visited here -- Billy of Living My Life in NY and Steven of Human Nature -- but I also have three new daily reads now, thanks to meeting Brechi, Cooper Lowenthal and Chris of About a Boy and his Briefs.

All in all, a pretty damn good way to spend a Friday: cheap drinks at therapy, that wonderfully creamy mac and cheese at Vinyl, more drinks at Barracuda and great conversation. So thanks, guys, for letting the green guy tag along.

They're already posting photos of the event, but I'm still without a memory card for my camera. So I had to use my cell phone to shoot a making-of while the others were actually taking photos. Here's Steven taking a photo of Chris and Eric at Therapy...


Here's Brechi, Cooper and Billy posing for somebody else.


And what the heck. Here's a photo of us all, that Eric was kind enough to let me borrow.


Considering I've already identified everyone else in other photos, use that knowledge to determine which one is me.

Back with reviews tomorrow! That is, if I can still type. We're running our expo tomorrow at work, so that means nonstop cocktails from 4 p.m. until about 9 p.m. But no cosmos, I'm afraid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to insist we start doing regular happy hours because that was just a bit too fun, don't you think?!

S.B. said...

Yeah, Friday was fun. It was great meetin you Mike! Can't wait for more happy hours!

S said...

I may not be able to make it for next week. I think I'm gonna be out of town.