Thursday, August 02, 2007

Happy anniversary to me!

Just under the wire, let me pop the decidedly non-pomegranate virtual champagne, as this little blog is one year old today! Here's my virgin post for proof.

It's kind of fun to read the scatter-brained progression of my first 10 posts: the obligatory introduction, bats in a Brazoria County apartment complex, something stupid Ann Coulter said, my very first theatre review here ("Spring Awakening," when it was still Off-Broadway), another review of a silly musical, griping about press release language, griping even more about not being able to carry liquids on airplanes, getting excited about "Mama's Family" reruns, something about presidential humor and lamenting Constantine's Broadway debut. I'd like to think I've more settled into a niche here now, with mostly personal stuff peppered by an occasional theatre review. I don't do much politics anymore, except when something particularly burns me up. There's plenty of other bloggers out there doing that much better than I could ever do.

At just over 180 posts, I guess that's an average of one every other day, which isn't bad, considering I've never mastered the short form. I've also built something of a respectable readership in that time, somewhere between 50 and 100 on a given day, at least when I'm actually posting (weekends don't count, of course). So thanks to all who stop by semi-regularly and particularly those who comment. And as always, if I don't link to you and you think I should, let me know, as I have a pretty liberal blogrolling policy.

And no more gratuitious shirtless pics. I promise.

7 comments:

S said...

One year? It feels like you've been around forever.

Here's to one more (at least).

And, was that last comment directed at me...?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, my dear! I'm your biggest fan and I look forward to another year at least! After that, our contract's up and must be re-negotiated.
As for shirtless pics, so long as there's champagne and a hot tub involved, who's going to say you can't post them?

Banjo Jones said...

happy anny

Mike said...

Thanks, guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike:

Happy first blogoversary! I found your site several months ago through the link from Steve on Broadway, and I've been reading you ever since. Your posts are at times funny and at times incredibly heartfelt and compelling. I've learned a lot. I used to be a small-town reporter, so I like your tales from Texas. You say you've never mastered the short form, but I think you do a very good job. You're a great writer and I hope you have another great year!

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Congratulations to you on your first big year. I've been reading you so long it seems like much longer.

All the best as we raise a glass to you and wish you many, many years of success in all you do!

Steve

S.B. said...

Yeah....congrats and happy anniversary. Perhaps this is drink worthy?