Thursday, August 30, 2007

No, you da ho!

I simply cannot get my dander up about Larry Craig. I mean, if I had to nail down my feelings about the situation and ensuing coverage, I guess it would be similar to my thoughts on Mark Foley last year. But while the Foley situation made me angry, the Craig situation, well, is just damn hilarious.

I mean, to hear Sean Hannity and the like having to talk about foot-tapping in restrooms is reward enough. Pages of editorial cartoons featuring toilet-bound elephant Savion Glovers is icing. Any speech that can juxtapose "Thank you for coming out" with "I am not gay, I never have been gay" easily beats "I am a gay American." And all this took place in a state in which you can't spell the capital without "boi."

Really, what do I care whether the dude resigns? It's not like the governor is going to appoint anyone better...oh, the governor. That's the best part. I didn't realize until today that the governor of Idaho was named Butch Otter. Wow. Two gay slangs for one! Here's a picture of him with either a potato or a very optimistic condom:


Funny thing about Butch Otter is that he appears to be neither.

Idaho. So much more than Ruby Ridge. Who knew?

3 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

Mike,
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of your ability to make me laugh, but you seriously took the cake with "a very optimistic condom."
Seriously. My face actually hurts from trying not to guffaw.

Anonymous said...

I must point you to this hilarious (and theatre-related) clip on You Tube featuring Larry Craig and the cast of Avenue Q:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BHCrOtSzIBg

Very funny!

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

You know, as hypocritical as Sen. Craig seems, I'm outraged that here we are in 2007 and that police feel it necessary to troll bathrooms.

No offense, Michael, but while I might expect something like that to occur in your home state of Texas, so-called progressive places like Minnesota should know better.