Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My lucky roommate

OK, this is one celebrity sighting that I just can't ignore. The other day, my roommate called me in quite a state. While at a video store on 5th Avenue, he saw none other than TBN's Paul Crouch and an attendant shopping! His wife Jan, unfortunately, was nowhere in sight.

My roommate shot this brief video, and we agreed that without a doubt, it had to be him. The Crouches were always an endless sort of fascination to me. Their "Praise the Lord" show is a nonpareil in jaw-dropping gaudiness, money-grubbing audacity and a gathering place for charlatan preachers of every genus. Seeing Crouch is landing quite the Marlin in evangelist-spotting.

I'm also quite looking forward to Christiane Amanpour's piece tomorrow in which she has an interview with Jerry Falwell just days before his death as well as another source of fascination for me: the corpulent, bombastic John Hagee. What a month!

By the way, who the heck gave my Madonna video a one-star rating? It was SUPPOSED to be of terrible quality. Go back to watching videos about shoes and anime sequences set to Chumbawumba music, you crumbum,

2 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

Crumbum? Are you 70 now? :-)

Mike said...

That's my aunt's favorite naughty word! Second only to "stinkpot."