Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just what the world needs

Here I am: another obnoxious voice in bloggerville, about four years late to the party as usual. But I had an excuse. I spent those years as a member of everyone's favorite bogeyman, The Mainstream Media (cue thunderbolt and organ chords), so pouring out my soul daily was not the most wise move for me in career terms, regardless of how few people read it.

For a variety of reasons, however -- reasons about which I might go into detail in a later post -- I'm no longer in the daily newspaper world, so the muzzle is off.

I'll be honest. This is a selfish endeavor for me. I still make my living writing, but it's not the most creative outlet around. This is a way to force myself to write every day, or at least several times each week. Let's hope I find a way to be entertaining at the same time.

One last caveat: You might assume from my tag that I'm a gung-ho astrology freak. Well, I'm not. Yes, at the time I was born, the moon happened to be positioned in the constellation Gemini. Yes, I seem to possess a lot of the typical characteristics of those who share that distinction. Yes, the mere fact that I even know my lunar sign is more than most people are willing to admit about their astrologically knowledge. But I really don't put a lot of stock in the belief that the relative positions of a few rocks that are millions of miles apart and some balls of burning hydrogen that are light years apart really has that much bearing on whether I should ask for that raise today, plan a trip to Trinidad or get a haircut. So I promise to never mention astrology again. Yeah, I know. Typical Virgo.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I couldn't have asked for anyone better to pop it!