Monday, February 12, 2007

A plug for a plug

Although he hardly needs my help, I must give yet another shout-out to Eric at Southern Boy for his fantastic interview (it took me forever to find the permalink button on there!) and equally fantastic accompanying photo now featured on Best Gay Blogs. And it's not just because of the lovely things he said about yours truly.

I myself have finally registered there and have noticed some additional traffic as a result, so welcome to all who are here for the first time! If you like me and link to me, I'll almost always reciprocate, so long as you're not from torturingpuppieswithbatteryacid.blogspot.com or the like.

And speaking of which, I've added two more links. First up is the erudite Kim's Breathing Space. Thanks to the anonymous world of blogging, I'm not sure if we actually know each other or not, but either way, she was kind enough to add me to her blogroll, so I'm more than happy to do the same. The other is a new blog by one of my hometown heroes, Mary Ruth Rhodenbaugh. Loyal readers (all 20 of you!) might recall my being rather upset several months ago when someone in my home county opined about how women should not be allowed to be county commissioners. Well, I'm happy to say that way of thinking lost and that Mary Ruth is rightly on the Brazoria County Commissioner's Court today.

If I may get serious for a moment, I might joke and kvetch about my hometown on occasion, but it's still my hometown. I'll go into more detail about that paradox another time, but for now, I'll just say I'm glad there are people like Mary Ruth there who make it a better place. You could never know a gentler, more selfless soul.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I've been lurking around your blog so I thought I'd say hi since you linked to my friend Kim's blog. I enjoy reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

MY god. Let's get ultra meta and keep commenting on your plug of my plug of your plug of my plug of your...*head explodes*

Mike said...

We're a regular uroboros. That's one of my favorite mythological references.

And welcome, Valerie!

Kim said...

I meant to comment when you posted this, but work and life got in the way. Thanks for the plug.

I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I enjoy reading your posts, and we don't know each other really. I'm a teacher at the high school in the styx--I love how you use this word--and taught there when you went there.