Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Just call me the Milton Berle of blogdom

I've never met a good idea I don't like to steal. So following Eric's footsteps yet again, I made one of those maps showing which state's I've visited:



(Create your own personalized map of the USA)

I love that I've been in literally about 10 miles of North Dakota, but that's enough to get the whole state colored in. Obviously, I need to plan a trip to the northern Midwest sometime. I can't think of any excuses to go to Kansas, however.

Just for fun, here's my Europe map as well.



(Create your personalized map of Europe)

I love the little white dots like San Marino and Vatican City. I'd do the one of the world, but you could pretty much see what it would look like by combining the U.S. and Europe maps. Just add Canada. I think I'm one of the few (former) Texans alive who has never even been to Mexico.

9 comments:

KipEsquire said...

I didn't realize Northern Ireland was a sovereign nation.

Mike said...

As are Scotland and Wales. This tool obviously was not made by an Englishman.

Valerie said...

Well, you aren't the only one. I've lived in Texas my entire life and never been to Mexico.

Mike said...

I've never been to the Panhandle, either. Funny how you never explore your own back yard sometimes -- although, it is difficult for some Northeasterners, particularly New Englanders to understand how spread out the state is! They can't comprehend that it's almost 800 miles to drive from Houston to El Paso.

Anonymous said...

I love that we appear to have adjoining missing chunks of the US. I'll go to the midwest again if you'll take me on a Pac N'west tour. I need to get up there. I didn't even bother with a eastern hemisphere map since it'd be truly pathetic: just England and Japan.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm from southern New England and while I've been to Europe and the Middle East, I've never been to Maine or Vermont! I guess it's the places closest to home that you often overlook!

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Mike,

Devolution has occurred in both Wales and Scotland (about 10 years ago), so while they're all part of the U.K., they now have more sovereignty.

Also, a cultural junkie like you would like Minnesota - did you know Minneapolis/St. Paul has more theatre seats per capita than any other city other than New York? You should visit!

Now, I'm going to copy you and place my map on my site.

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

BTW, Mike. I would have given anything to travel to some of the places you've been that I'm still dreaming about!

Unknown said...

Hey- I don't do enough travel but if you profess to like beers I can set you for Wisconsin- my native state and even Kansas, which I live next door to now.

Beleive it or not- good beer in the KC area!

PS Don't feel bad- I worked at Miller Brewing 13 years and at a craft brewery in Ohio, teach beer appreciation classes in KC now and Sheraton still snubbed me!