Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I've frosted my hair before, but this is ridiculous

Last night, I went to the gym for a quick workout before my chorus rehearsal. After stepping out of the shower, I realized that horror of horrors, I'd forgotten my hair gel. I blow-dried my hair and styled it as best I could and left for a quick soup and salad before rehearsal. Without gel, I knew I had to keep my hat off for the short walk or else my hair would be uncontrollable for the rest of the night.

As I was walking to the restaurant, I started to get a horrible headache, like when you eat ice cream too fast. I reached up and felt clumps in my hair, like some sort of phantom gel that had come to take the place of the product I had forgotten. It wasn't until I was inside the restaurant that I realized it was ice.

That's right. In a matter of blocks, the residual dampness from my shower had literally frozen my hair to my head.

I'd never make it in the Midwest.

2 comments:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Too funny, Mike! Welcome to the north!

During my wintertime school days in Milwaukee (and before the days of the ubiquitous hairdryer), we used to wait to get outside before we'd comb our hair. The term freeze-dried had to come from somewhere, right?

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic. did you scrape it out and throw it at old people?