Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Turn around

I have a theme song!

I'd almost forgotten I was even doing this, as I had no idea it would take so long. That's what I get for having more than 1,300 songs on my iPod and, for the most part, exclusively using the shuffle feature without the aid of playlists. This also could explain how my workouts are often driven to a standstill when a song by Jessica Molaskey or Norah Jones comes up, when a Widor organ sonata comes up, or worst of all, the most sluggish song on my iPod: a suite of songs from "Camelot" performed by Julie Andrews shortly before she lost her voice.

But back to the issue at hand. After about six months, the Barbra/Judy duet finally came up, leaving me with only one song: the remix of "Total Eclipse of the Heart." How uplifting!

I do love that song, though.

8 comments:

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Hey Bright Eyes! It's not such a bad tune, although I'm partial to the original by Bonnie Tyler...

Mike said...

This is still Bonnie Tyler, fortunately, just not the entire song. It's from a fab CD of Vic Latino mixes from the 80s.

Anonymous said...

See, now I need to copy you and find my own theme song.
I have about 2500 songs on here now, though, so I wonder how long before they'd show up?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I never put my iPod on shuffle. I guess I'm a bit of a control freak. I like to know exactly what I'll be listening to at all times. But having a theme song does sound kind of cool!

Mike said...

I like not having control when it comes to music. It makes up for me never listening to the radio anymore.

BTW -- the most-played song on my iPod as a result? Irene Cara's "What a Feeling." Which also used to be my ringtone, until one of my interns told me it was the gayest ringtone she ever heard. "I Touch Myself" also was a short-lived ringtone, until I forgot to turn off my phone during a business meeting and it rang.

Anonymous said...

Mike, you're supposed to be intimidating the interns, not the other way around! ;-)

S.B. said...

You know they have a thing called "Playlists" you can create to help you with your workout problems???

S said...

As much as I want to say something, I think the post and the comments say it all.