Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Behead me, baby!

I have a problem with the new miniseries "The Tudors."


That's King Henry VIII, by the way, as played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Therein lies the problem. Henry VIII is on the short list of historical figures about whom I should never have impure thoughts! Right between Mahatma Ghandi and Walt Whitman. Yes, I know the man was quite a looker in his younger years, but don't put me in the position to have to picture my not-so-secret little crush Johnny with a turkey leg hanging out of his mouth.

Of course, the show promises "gratuitous nudity," so maybe it has some redeeming qualities after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know Rhys Meyers has HUGE feet.

Mike said...

The better to...well, I'm sure they're good for something, my dear. :-) Besides, wasn't he pretty much (tastefully) nude in "Titus"?

Anonymous said...

Did you see him in the BBC miniseries "Gormenghast?" He was pretty hot in that, too!

Mike said...

I did! I even made it through that entire dreary miniseries for his sake. And for Richard Griffiths, although for entirely different reasons, I should add.