Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Same phlegm next year

The pathetic little cold I've been battling the last few days would be hardly worth mentioning except for one fact: It seems to be turning into an annual event.

I remember having the same cold at this exact time last year for three reasons. First of all, I remember it coming right after a yearly corporate black tie event, which was last Monday. I also remember having it when calling my youngest sister on her birthday, which was last Sunday. And most of all -- I remember having it on one of my worst dates in recent history, on which I'll go into more detail about tomorrow.

But whatever. This cold is so unoriginal. It's even the exact same progression of symptoms: A day of a scratchy throat, a day of sinus pressure and then a few days of pointless hacking. Shake it up a little next year, little microbes! Or better yet -- find somewhere else to vacation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have clearly offered said viral swarm a warm and safe environment in which to thrive.
Or maybe your body is the snowbird's equivalent of Florida or something.

Mike said...

Does that mean I'm hot? Or just swampy?

Cameron Kelsall said...

For me, it's always the second or third week of February. It usually starts around February 10 and lasts for a week or so. It has happened every year, without fail, for the last five years, and it's usually the only time of the year when I get sick.