Thursday, March 15, 2007

Be my test audience, please

Hello, all. I've been invited to do a little comedy routine at a certain event, and there's some new material I'd like to try out. I'm going to write out the routine, and I want you all to be brutally honest. Is it funny? Here goes:

I really don't understand the big flap over the so-called "anti-Christian" bloggers employed by John Edwards. The last thing they should do is apologize for using the word "godbag." The last time I heard the word, it was from a casual acquaintance of mine who goes to a Lutheran church or something like that, so obviously it's not offensive to any Christian anywhere.

If anything, decrying the use of the word "godbag" would be offensive in of itself, as it would leave no alternative but for us to be "evolutionbags," and heaven knows that crap never happened! But enough about that. Here's what the bloggers should do next:

1) Start a Web site called "Global War on Christians" today.
2) Begin writing essays calling for the cleansing and purification of society via the mass murder of Christians.
3) Distribute videos on the Web site showing the actual murder of Christians.
4) Circulate instructions on how to bomb Southern Baptist churches in the South.
5) Circulate a "battle dispatch" to give specific information on America's most notorious Baptist churches.
6) Apply for a job at Liberty University.

Laughing yet? No? Surely you're laughing as much as I was when I read this column by Mike S. Adams over at Townhall.com. Even more of a riot were the comments below it. I particularly loved the one by the appropriately named "Handy": Whenever a gay guy comes on to me, I ask him if he's into "fisting." Regardless of his answer, I put one on his nose just for good measure.

Ha ha ha ha ha! It's funny because it really happens. Truly, Townhall, you should be proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I couldn't believe it when I got to the end of that column and read that the guy is a college professor!

Some of the comments are so sickening it almost seems futile to argue with the people who posted them. But I know you have to try.

Anyway, the guy is a horrible writer. You, on the other hand, are a very good writer. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I didn't read the comments. The column itself is enough. Truly, as they hope so strongly to find a gay gene, the better to eliminate faggotry from society, so I hope that that discovery of the religious part of the brain means we can excise a portion of all newborn (you know, the ones we heathens don't callously abort first) brains and eliminate their particular brand of hateful "christianity."

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

I was disgusted. And this guy is a Christian???

Mike said...

As some have pointed out, he seems to be proud of the D average he had in high school. Enough said.