Thursday, January 24, 2008

Photo distraction





I just got back from Texas yet again this week. I was there for some fairly major surgery that my father had to undergo. The recovery process is going as well as could be expected, considering that he's in his 80s, but of course, it's going to be slow. And it's all left me a little drained and tongue-tied for now. So, without much to say at the present, here instead are some photos from my trip to Budapest late last year, which I realize I never posted.

Click for the full image, of course. These were taken in and around the city's lovely Castle District, right on the Danube (crossed by the Chain Bridge). Oh, and doesn't the Hungarian parliament look a lot like that Thames Productions logo?

4 comments:

S said...

I hope he gets well soon.

BTW, your dad had you in his 50s? Damn.

Esther said...

Great pictures! You should write about your trip sometime, or at least your impressions of the city. And you're right about the Hungarian Parliament.

Hope your dad is doing ok.

Angela said...

Saying a prayer for your father's recovery.

~A~

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Michael, I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the photos from Budapest. So did you stay in Buda or Pest, and did you check out the Hotel Gellert?