Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Darn it, I thought Don Rickles would be insulting Pat Boone

I'm probably the last to report in from the great New York blogger weenie roast this weekend, hosted by the fabulous Curly McDimple. Despite my penchant for getting completely lost in outer boroughs, I managed fine thanks to the southern contingent as my entourage: Eric, his boyfriend Brett and Roy, who braved a crack-of-dawn flight and the M60 bus from LaGuardia to get here from Austin. Between Brett, Roy and me, we had the three Texas triangle cities covered. I guess that other state (the one next to Texas that kind of looks like a foot and you have to drive through all those crazy East Texas I-10 cities to get to) was represented, too. And even though I didn't eat one weenie -- plenty of hummus, dip and veggie burgers, though -- it was still a blast.

So, like, I guess I'm supposed to post some pictures or something.

Here's Roy and another guy named Roy. I wasn't taking notes, but I do recall that Roy on the Right has a blog but doesn't post often and has great taste in shorts and watches. Roy on the Left, meanwhile, knows the right ice cream to get, and we determined that he might have judged me in a forensics competition when I was in high school. Which was NOT that long ago, I'll have you know. Oh, and they were being quiet, so all signs were being obeyed.

Here's Eric and Brett talking to, um, a guy in an indigo shirt who, uh, blogs at guyinanindigoshirt.blogspot.com. OK, so my lack of notes renders my captions rather useless.

Hey! Remember that wine tasting thing I went to with Amy Sedaris, and I'd forgotten to put an image card in the camera? As it turns out, the photo was there all along, as I found it when I was getting my camera ready for the weenie roast.

I even snagged a photo of our pictorially elusive host!

Fine. I'll admit it. I pulled out my camera a few minutes before we were leaving and took some half-assed, badly framed shots. But it was still fun, nonetheless. And, as a bonus, we got to watch during our post-party dessert some brain-baked chick start a fight with the ice cream server over $2.

5 comments:

Kenneth M. Walsh said...

Hey, I was at the winetasting, too. Amy was adorable -- great pic!

R said...

Awww...you took a picture of me and the cute Roy.

Anonymous said...

God, I look fat in that photo and yet, somehow, my right arm seems malformed and tiny.
I'll pretend it's all about your impressive photographic skills and not my gunt.

Ah, the winetasting! You know what we went to and I I NEVER remembered to upload photos? Charlotte Raye! I just found them! Better late than never since she's still alive, I suppose.

Roy Fenn said...

More than ONE Roy at an event?! That is insane!!!! I am not use to seeing other Me's...

S said...

Amy Freakin' Sedaris?!

I'd give my left nut (the not-so-pretty one) to go to one of her homecooked dinners.