Thursday, November 02, 2006

Take that, Winnie Anderson!

Someone else wrote a response letter for me:
ANTI-RHODENBAUGH LETTER IS INFURIATING
If I hadn’t already voted for Mary Ruth Rodenbaugh (sic), I would for sure now after reading the letter in Wednesday’s paper from Winnie Anderson. I expect that kind of rhetoric from the “Bubba” crowd, but from a woman — it is not only embarrassing, but infuriating.
It’s sad Ms. Anderson thinks so little of her own gender. I happen to believe the world wouldn’t be as screwed up as it is if the “girls” were allowed to run things for awhile and the “men” took the orders. Men have run Precinct 4 for the 30 years we’ve lived here and very little has improved. It’s time to put a woman like Mary Ruth Rhodenbaugh in charge, even if she is a Democrat.
If the men on the commissioners court are as sexist as Mrs. Anderson, they can resign. And if any Precinct 4 employees feel the need to walk out when Mary Ruth wins, I’m sure there are women who’ll be glad to take their jobs, too.
Robbye Prilop, Brazoria
I'm assuming Robbye is a woman's name, so you go girl! And while I'm on the subject of Texas, I should also note The Facts has endorsed Kinky Friedman for governor. I always liked Chris Bell when he was on the Houston City Council, but I saw a few ads when I was in the area last weekend, and he is boring, boring, boring. Maybe Kinky's what the state needs to shake things up. I think my mother's voting for Chris Bell, and my father's voting for Carol Keeton "one tough grandma," Strayhorn, however.

See? I told you The Lone Star Times and I can find agreement on occasion.

2 comments:

Swanny said...

Shit. I posted my Rhodenbaugh comment on the T-Shirt screed. Damn the booze!

Mike said...

But she appreciates your support all the same!