Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another point for progress

This is a paraphrased actual conversation I had with my mother last night, while telling her about my trip to Fire Island this weekend for a concert as part of the New York City Gay Men's Chorus:

MOM: So, are you ready for the concert?
ME: Yeah, if anyone's there to hear it.
MOM: Why do you say that? Haven't they sold any tickets?
ME: Oh, I'm sure they have. But it's not exactly easy to get there, so we're mostly depending on the locals. I think mostly older, rich folks stay there.
MOM: Oh. I always thought mostly gay people live there.
ME: Well, yes, that, too.
MOM: Well, good. Maybe you'll find yourself a rich gay man.

Yes, my mother, who only eight or so years ago had difficulty even saying the word "gay" is now wanting me to find a sugar daddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's sweet. Hope you make your mom happy this weekend and have a full house for the concert!

Anonymous said...

Every mother wants her daughter to marry a doctor, hon, just not always a gay doctor.

S.B. said...

The next thing you know, she will be searching Craigslist ads for you.

Mike said...

Oh, Billy -- I think I'll be happy if my mother NEVER discovers that sewer. That might set everything back a few steps. :-)

S said...

Not any gay man, but a rich one.

Well, at least she has her priorities in the right place. LOL.